Hanigan Manufacturing had 1,800,000 shares of common stock outstanding as of January 1, 2014, and 900,000 shares of 10% noncumulative (nonconvertible) preferred stock outstanding. The following events occurred during 2014:
• On February 28, Hanigan sold 60,000 common shares.
• On May 15, Hanigan issued a 4% common stock dividend and paid cash dividends of $1,200,000 to common shareholders and $225,000 to preferred stockholders.
• On July 1, Hanigan repurchased and retired 6,000 common shares.
• On September 1, Hanigan issued $1,000,000 of convertible 10% bonds for par value. Each $1,000 bond certificate is convertible into 40 common shares. Cash settlement is not permitted.
• Under the terms of a separation agreement with its founder and former owner, Mike Hanigan, the company is obligated to issue Mr. Hanigan an additional 60,000 common shares if 2014 net income exceeds $5 million. No shares were issued as of December 31, 2014.
• Hanigan’s net income for 2014 was $6,300,000 and the income tax rate was 40%.
Compute Hanigan Manufacturing’s basic and diluted earnings per share for 2014.
Morbidity and Mortality Rate CalculationsShow all your work for the best possible evaluation of your responses.1. Chittenden County Health Department reported 17 new case...Aug 02 2020
a) Draw the dominant Lewis structure for the phosphorus trifluoride molecule, PF3b) Determine the oxidation numbers of the P and F atoms. (c) Determine the formal charges...Aug 23 2021
Congratulations, your company recently launched a new advertising campaign worth over a million dollars in a new foreign market. Orders are pouring in for your product w...Nov 10 2017
Macroeconomics is the branch of economics that deals with :A. households, and firms.B. the economy as a whole.Jun 10 2021
In industry X 100 consumers who each have a monthly demand X4 = 0.12-0.01 P in a monopoly industry with a cost function: TC = 32 +0.5x2 If the government's goal is to ach...Apr 21 2021
Indicate whether each of the following descriptions concerning the molecule sphingosine is true or false:a. Four functional groups are present.b. The carbon chain is unsa...Jun 16 2021
Choose the sentence with correct capitalization. Then compare your responses with the key at the end of the book.a. Zeke ordered a special keyboard for his Apple computer...Aug 23 2021
When a monopolist switches from charging a single price to practicing perfect price discrimination, it reducesThe quantity producedThe firm's profitConsumer surplusTotal surplusMay 07 2021
Paul consumes only two goods, pizza and hamburgers and considers them to be perfect substitutes, as shown by his utility function: U(PH)= P+2H. Hence MUP= 1 and MU, - 2. ...May 09 2021
Which of the following functions of warehousing uses the warehouse as a station for transferring goods from one place to another?[A]Stock mixing [B]Batch method[C]Cross ...Dec 12 2017