Generally, gifted students are
a. well-adjusted and socially adept.c.emotionally excitable.
b. socially ineptd.highly sensitive.
12. Researchers have agreed that
a. approximately 80 percent of an individual's intellectual development is determined by heredity.
b. approximately 80 percent of an individual's intellectual development is determined by environment.
c. intellectual development is determined equally by genetics and environment.
d. None of the above.
13. The “Star Model” explains the causes of giftedness as composed of:
a. nature and nurture.c.general ability, chance, special aptitude, environmental support, and nonintellectual requisites
b. ability, cognition, physical, psychological, and sensory.d.culture, environment, hereditary, education, and intellect.
14. Elitist definitions and exclusive approaches to identifying the gifted
a. are being replaced with more defensible methods of assessment.
b. are being used with greater frequency.
c. are being replaced with even more restrictive methods of assessment.
d. are being supplanted with less accurate criteria and methods of assessment.
15. The identification process for giftedness is ideally directed at
a. identifying needs and potentials.c.creating standardized cut-off scores.
b. giving multiple intelligence tests.d.using several creativity measures.
16. A number of changes have taken place with regard to the assessment of giftedness. Which of the following statements is accurate?
a. Multiple sources of information are now used.
b. Approaches now seek to understand a student’s motivation and imagination.
c. Information provided by adaptive behavior assessments are sought.
d. All of the above.
17. Which of the following statements is true about assessing and identifying gifted students?
a. Multiple sources of information are collected.
b. Standard cut-off scores are used.
c. Identification and labeling of gifted students are essential.
d. All of the above.
18. Recommendations for identifying students who are gifted include
a. teacher nomination.
b. intelligence and achievement tests.
c. creativity tests.
d. all of the above.
19. Josh is an extremely bright third-grade student who always finishes his work quickly, but accurately. When he has finished, he disturbs his classmates, refuses to stay in his seat, and is quite distracting. Josh's teacher has never considered that he might be a gifted student. This might be true because teachers are more likely to identify students who are _____ as gifted students.
b. cooperatived.Both A and B
20. Some gifted children are involved in preschool programs that
a. focus on talent development.
b. focus on the development of academic skills.
c. focus on simple problem solving and risk taking.
d. focus on the development of metacognitive skills.
HW Forecast II Save Score: 0 of 1 pt 5 of 14 (11 complete) HW Score: 74.67%, 11.2 of 15 pts Problem 4.23 Question Help Sales of quilt covers at Bud Banis's discount depar...Aug 27 2020
What can be promised by loan covenants? What cannot be ensured by loan covenants? 115. Equity, Inc. is currently an all-equity-financed firm. It has 10,000 shares outstan...Jan 09 2020
Fill in the gaps in the table below. (Enter your responses rounded to two decimal places.) Quantity of Variable Input 0 Total Output Marginal Product of Variable Input Av...May 11 2021
. To say money is socially defined means that:A) the money supply includes all public and private securities purchased by society.B) whatever performs the functions of mo...Apr 27 2021
Describe the basic methodology used to create golden riceExplain how scientists ensured B-carotene was produced in the endospermWhat property of Agrobacterium tumefaciens...Apr 15 2020
A random sample of receipts for individuals eating at Terrace Restaurant showed sample mean equal to $10.38 and sample standard deviation of $2.17.a) Compute the coeffici...Apr 06 2020
Find a ‘real world situation’ in which a non-cooperative game occurs in politics, business, commerce, group work etc Identify the Nash equilibria (if any). Discuss the me...Apr 14 2020
Explain price escalation in exporting and discuss why it occurs.Aug 23 2020
A 0.0809-g sample of a purified organic acid was dissolved in an alcohol-water mixture and titrated with coulometrically generated hydroxide ions. With a current of 0.044...Jun 29 2020
Do you agree that sales promotion is one of a prerequisite of success in marketing? Explain.May 06 2021