Connective tissue that must resist forces pulling it from many different directions without stretching would most likely be
A) areolar connective tissue.
B) dense irregular connective tissue.
C) dense regular connective tissue.
D) reticular connective tissues.
52) Which of the following is not a characteristic of the inflammatory response?
A) attacks and eliminates specific foreign molecules
B) involves release of chemicals that cause local vasodilation
C) occurs within connective tissue
D) results in edema and delivery of chemicals needed for repair
53) Glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans are components of
C) ground substance.
D) reticular fibers.
54) It might be argued that all the defense mechanisms in areolar connective tissue act to prevent infection from reaching which other tissue type?
55) Despite their name, many types of cell junction are not very strong at joining and holding cells together. The cell junctions that best keep cells from being pulled apart are
A) tight junctions.
B) gap junctions.
D) zonula occludens.
56) Fat is a form of ________ tissue.
57) During repair of a scrape or cut through the skin, a blood clot is replaced with collagen-rich granulation tissue in a process called
58) All lining and covering membranes consist of
A) an epithelium only.
B) a serosa.
C) an epithelium, a connective tissue, and smooth muscle.
D) epithelium and connective tissue.
59) Inflamed tissue is often warm to the touch because of
A) accumulation of bacterial toxins.
B) increased blood flow to the area.
C) infiltration by neutrophils.
D) leakage of clotting proteins.
60) The best definition of fibrosis is
A) the production of collagen fibers.
B) the production of elastic fibers.
C) the formation of dense regular connective tissue.
D) the formation of scar tissue.
Finding Values In Exercises 59-62, find possible values of a and b that make the statement true. If possible, use a graph to support your answer. (There may be more than ...Aug 05 2021
The CEO of Southwest Manufacturing Company has asked for your analysis of and recommendation related to the proposed acquisition of an additional stamping machine for its...Dec 03 2019
Numerical, Graphical, and Analytic Analysis In Exercises 29 and 30, (a) use a graphing utility to find the indicated partial sum Sn and complete the table, and (b) use a ...Aug 08 2021
Let the market demand for widgets be described by Q = 1000-50P. Suppose further that widgets can be produced at a constant average and marginal cost of $10 per unit. Chec...Aug 18 2021
Tracheids are part of ________.a. cortex b. mesophyll c. phloemd. xylemJul 06 2021
The city of Papagos, Arizona, had a deteriorating bridge in need of repair on a prominent public roadway. The city posted notices seeking proposals for an artistic bridge...Aug 08 2021
Many economists specializing in “growth theory” contend that developing countries may achieve strong economic growth by increasing the amount of capital and labor availab...Mar 17 2020
The Fig. P2.1 shows the one-line diagram of a simple four-bus system. Table P2.1 gives the line impedances identified by the buses on which these terminate. The shunt adm...Jul 26 2020
Which of the following is an example of a habit that fights the negative effects of stress?A) eating a cheeseburger from your favorite fast food restaurantB) sleeping abo...Jan 09 2020
Download the following excel file: Merger Model Evaluation - Question.xlsx 17 The implied enterprise value of Snap Inc., calculated using the assumptions and acquisition ...Apr 29 2021