Characteristics of People and Jobs
Choose a job that you are very familiar with or a job that you currently have, a job that you used to have, or the job of a close family member or friends, or the job could be one that you have been able to observe closely during your interaction with an organization as a customer or client. For the job you’re choosing, respond to the following items.
1. Describe the job, including all the tasks the jobholder must perform.
2. Choose two of the Big Five personality traits that you think would have the most impact on the jobholder’s feelings, thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors. Explain why you think these traits might be particularly important for understanding the jobholder’s reactions.
3. Indentify three of the organizationally relevant personality traits that you think would affect performance on this job and explain why you think they are likely to be important.
4. Which of the jobholder’s behaviors are primarily determined by the situation and not personality?
5. What cognitive abilities must the jobholder posses?
6. What physical abilities must the jobholder posses?
7. How can selection and placement be used to ensure that prospective jobholder have this abilities?
8. How can an organization train jobholders to raise levels of these abilities?
Elements that have five electrons in the highest-energy p sublevel in their ground state are called:A)alkali metals.D)noble gases.B)alkaline earth metals.E)transition me...Feb 15 2020
ABC Realty has 50 Branch Offices. The licenses of all 1500 licensees are held by each individual licensee held at the licensee's branch office held at the main office by ...Apr 20 2021
During a high-speed chase, a 1090 kg sports car traveling at156 km/hr just loses contact with the road as it reaches the crestof the hill. a) Determine the radius of cur...Jun 05 2020
a. Draw a block diagram of an open-loop control system.b. Use the block diagram to describe how the system works.c. What basic requirements must the components meet for t...Jul 15 2020
Find the reactions at supports A and B for the truss shown. >Jun 26 2020
When Maxwell Fruit Drinks increases the number of workers it employs from 20 to 25, its total labor costs rise from $10,000 to $15,000 a wee...Dec 11 2019
Chapter 1 Additional ProblemProblem 1-3 The Cash Bucket Accounting SystemThis problem repeats the Cash Bucket transactions from Chapter 1. Print the forms on the next pag...Sep 05 2020
U.S. POPULATION BY AGE The following table gives the 2002 age distribution of the U.S. population:Let the random variable X denote a randomly chosen age group within the ...Aug 07 2020
In Excel, to insert new rows, click the number of the row above which new rows need to be added, and then select the number of rows to be added.34) In Excel, an entire ro...Dec 23 2019
Great Britian – Low Cal Snack PacksYou are a member of the newly established international marketing team for AIU (American Interests United), based in Hoffman Estates, I...Nov 26 2019