Beasley Company makes three types of exercise machines. Data have been accumulated for four possible overhead drivers. Data for these four possible drivers are shown in rows 3 to 7 of the following spreadsheet.
Construct a spreadsheet that will allocate overhead and calculate unit cost for each of these alternative drivers. A screen capture of the spreadsheet and data follows.
1. This spreadsheet uses a function called vertical lookup. This function can pull the appropriate values from a table. The form of this function is = VLOOKUP (value, table, column#). In this example, the table is in cells B4 to K7. Three examples of the use of VLOOKUP follow.
2. Cell C15 is =VLOOKUP (B15, B4.K7, 2). This function operates by using the one (1) in cell B15 to look up a value in the table. Notice that the table is defined as B4.K7 and that the function is looking up the value in the second column, which is Unit.
3. Cell E15 is = VLOOKUP (B15, B4.K7, 10). In this case, the function is looking up the value in the tenth column, which is 45,000. Be sure to count empty columns.
4. Cell E20 is = VLOOKUP (B15, B4.K7, 4)*G15. In this case, the function is looking up the value in the fourth column, which is $10,000. Be sure to count empty columns.
5. Cells I15, G20, and I20 also use the VLOOKUP function.
6. After completing the spreadsheet, you can change the value in cell B15 (1-4) to see the effect of choosing a different driver for overhead.
To this point we have assumed the Magnificent Modems produced only one type of modem. Suppose instead we assume the company produces several different kinds of modems. The production process differs for each type of product. Some require more setup time than others, they are produced in different batch sizes, and they require different amounts of indirect labor (supervision). Packaging and delivery to customers also differs for each type of modem. Even so, Magnificent Modems uses a single allocation base (number of units) to allocate overhead costs.
Write a brief memo that explains how Magnificent Modems could benefit from an ABC cost system.
You note the following yield curve in The Wall Street Journal. According to the unbiased expectations theory, hat is the 1-year forward rate for the period beginning one ...May 24 2018
Madison Electric Pump Corporation manufactures electric pumps for commercial use. The company produces three models, designated as regular, advanced, and deluxe. The comp...Jun 19 2020
A certain microscope is provided with objectives that havefocal lengths of 16 mm, 4 mm, and 1.9 mm and with eyepiecesthat have angular magnifications of and Eachobjective...May 10 2020
Show transcribed image textProblem 5.1 Ted Rogers is investing $5,000 in a bank CD that pays a 5 percent annual interest. How much will the CD be worth at the end of five...Aug 10 2020
Jim Smith's dealership sells Fords, Hondas, and Toyotas. The dealership keeps information about each car manufacturer with whom they deal so that they can get in touc...Apr 17 2020
You have to write a business report which should include Table of contents, executive summary, introduction, body, conclusion, reference list. In your assignment you have...Jul 23 2020
Bethesda Water Company Income Statement for 2016 Sales $80,005 Cost of Goods Sold $55,124 Depreciation $15,000 EBIT $9,881 Interest Expense $7,900 EBT $1,981 Taxes $626 N...May 25 2018
The Shareholders’ Equity section of Holiday Roads Company’s balance sheet shows:Net income for 2014 was $1,700,000, preferred stock dividends were $200,000, and common st...May 24 2020
Some events change aggregate demand from AD0 to AD1 and aggregate supply from AS0 to AS1. What is the new macroeconomic equilibrium?10.Japan economic recovery under way a...Dec 05 2019
The most famous financial market in the world is the New York Stock Exchange (www.nyse.com).1. What is the mission of NYSE and is that still in "step" with today's market...Aug 20 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.