BSBWHS605: WHS Management Systems- Management Report Writing Assignment
1. Review the simulated workplace information for Pitstop Pty Ltd (below).
2. Conduct an initial review of the simulated workplace, including core elements of the system:
a. organisational requirements for WHS management
b. responsibilities and accountabilities for WHS
c. WHS risk management and procedures
d. documentation and recordkeeping requirements for monitoring and review and demonstration of compliance
e. employee capability and need for training.
Note: Some relevant information may be gathered from the simulated workplace information provided below; some information may be gathered through the process of consultation.
3. Review the summaries of consultation meetings with organisational stakeholders to gain input into proposed WHSMS (you will need to address the stakeholder concerns in your WHSMS).
4. Conduct any research necessary to support your proposal for the design of a WHSMS, for example on:
a. Victorian WHS legal framework
b. NSW or Qld WHS Act, to support your proposal for the design of a WHSMS
c. relevant standards for WHS management systems, risk management an recordkeeping.
5. Develop a draft WHS policy for Pitstop Pty Ltd.
6. Develop a (1–2 page) written outline of core elements of your proposed WHS management system and your response to issues raised by Amanda Kaisig and Pat Lee.
a. Store Manager of flagship store, Amanda Kaisig needs to be reassured that the new system will deal systematically with all health and safety problems, that the board of directors is fully committed and will provide
the required resources.
b. Worker representative from former ISS stores, Pat Lee is willing to communicate the importance and benefits of the new WHSMS to workers, but only if convinced of the benefits to workers and that management has given its full commitment to any new WHSMS.
7. Arrange a time with your assessor to complete management role-play in which you propose design of your WHS management system and WHS policy to the board of directors and CEO during a meeting.
8. In a 10–15 minute role-play presentation and consultation session, propose the design of an appropriate WHS management system and WHS draft policy to the board of directors and CEO. Ensure you lead the meeting and discuss:
a. core elements of system and proposed changes or additions
b. relevant standards
c. relevant legislative requirements for WHS management, including those related to recordkeeping
d. WHS policy requirements
e. how policy will be communicated to employees
f. how design of WHS management system and WHS policy meet internal and external requirements
g. possible certification option and process of certification.
Note that during the presentation and consultation session, you will need to:
a. answer questions
b. ask for feedback and input into the system
c. work to build support and ask for management commitment to policy and WHSMS.
2. Incorporate necessary changes into your WHS policy draft and design of WHSMS based on consultation.
3. Submit all documents to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
Chapter 04, Problem 054 (Video Solution) A flood control project at Pleasant Valley dam is projected to cost $1,900,000 today, have annual maintenance costs of $49,000, a...Aug 02 2021
Answer is $-65.83 . How do I get there?Tech Enterprises is considering a new project that will require $325,000 for fixed assets, $160,000 for inventory, and $35,000 for ...Apr 16 2020
Explain what a partial pressure gradient is and how such gradients figure in gas exchange.Jun 24 2021
You mix aqueous solutions of sodium iodide and lead (II) acetate. If a reaction occurs, write the balanced molecular equation and the net ionic equation. If no reaction o...Jun 21 2021
A company's cost of capital is impacted by the companyâs financing choices. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using debt financing compared with equity financing?Jul 05 2021
DETAILS SULLIVANCALC25.5.028. Find the indefinite integral. (Use C for the constant of integration.) fax? 4x7 sin X8 dx Submit AnswerJun 07 2021
What can the government do to keep monopolies from being formed?Jun 03 2021
List four functions of proteins, giving an example of each.Jul 21 2021
Major recommendations to increase Kuwait competitiveness in the world marketApr 05 2021
What is interest on interest, and why is it such an important element of return?2. What is the desired rate of return, and how would it be used to make an investment deci...May 16 2020