Arthrodax Company has been approached by Ranger Sound with a rush order offer to purchase 100 units of a customized version of Arthrodax's SoundS creamer audio mixer at $5,000 per unit, and Arthrodax needs to decide how to respond. The electronic modifications of the standard SoundScreamer needed for this customized version are straightforward, but there will be a fixed cost of $100,000 to design the modifications and set up for assembly of the customized SoundScreamers, regardless of the number of units produced. It will cost $2,000 per unit to manufacture the circuit boards for the units. Since Arthrodaxhas some short term spare manufacturing capacity, the Ranger offer is potentially attractive. However, the circuit boards for the customized units will not fit into the standard SoundScreamer case, and Arthrodax must decide what to do about acquiring cases for the customized units as it decides whether to accept Ranger's purchase offer. An appropriate case can be purchased at $500 per case, but Arthrodax could instead purchase an injection molder to make the cases. It will cost $20,000 to purchase the molder, and there is a 0.6 probability that it will be possible to successfully make the cases using the molder. If the molder does not
work, then the purchase price for the molder will be totally lost and Arthrodax must still purchase the cases at $500 per case. If the molder works, then it will cost $60 per case to make the cases using the molder. Regardless of which case is used, the cost of assembling the SoundScreamer circuit boards into the case is $20 per unit. Unfortunately, there is no way to test the molder without purchasing it. Assume that there is no other use for the molder except to make the cases for the Ranger
(i) Draw a decision tree for Arthrodax's decision about whether to accept the
Ranger offer and how to acquire the cases for the customized SoundScreamers.
(ii) Using expected net profit as the decision criterion, determine the preferred
course of action for Arthrodax.
Ranger Sound is not sure of their order of 100 units. Based on the market research they think there is only a 35% chance they require 100 units and a 65% chance they only need 50 units. If they only order 50 units they are willing to pay $6000 per unit and for an order of 100, they will pay $5000 a unit. Because of the timing, the decision to buy the plastic bracket or purchasing the molding unit and produce the bracket in-house cannot wait for the number of orders. However the fixed and the variable costs do not change with the order size. Given the new conditions, find the solution to the two questions stated above.
Use Influence diagram
The adjusted trial balance of Silver Sign Company follows:Requirements 1. Assume Silver Sign Company has a January 31 year end. Journalize Silver’s closing entries at Jan...Mar 16 2020
Question 31 Not yet answered Marked out of 100 Flag question Which of the following marketing mix element use in maintaining brand loyalty and providing after sales servi...Apr 21 2021
Identify the functional groups in the following molecules, and show the polarity of each.a) b) c) d) e) f)Jun 12 2021
You have been assigned an intern to help you forecast your firm’s costs at different volumes. He thinks he will get cost and volume data from the two most recent months, ...Apr 05 2020
1. Social media monitoring is the process of identifying and determining what is being said about a brand, individual or product through different social and online chann...Apr 13 2021
What is the wage structure called where newly hired workers are paid less than current employees for performing the same or similar jobs?A) two-tierB) merit-tierC) incre...Dec 11 2019
If a 4x4 square matrix has eigen values are 1,-1,2,-2 find the values of the 2A+A inverse -I >Aug 05 2020
Suppose the economy of Stockton produces four goods: strawberries, ice cream, sushi, andcoolers. However, consumers only purchase strawberries, ice cream, and sushi. Coo...Apr 30 2020
Dr. George E. Beeper is a single taxpayer. He lives at 45 Mountain View Dr., Apt. 321, Spokane, WA 99210. Dr. Beeper’s Social Security number is 775-88-9531. Dr. Beeper w...Apr 29 2020
For Marx, what are the problems of division of labor? How does Marx argue that labor is not valued in this mode of production?(use more information from Economic and Phil...Mar 17 2020