All else constant, an increase in the incomes of consumers in the market for diamonds would cause the supply of diamonds to increase.
77) Assume that in an effort to help consumers, the government decides to reduce the amount of taxes it imposes on sellers of gasoline, that is, sellers are required to pay the government a smaller fee for each gallon of gas they sell. In the market for gas, this would have the effect of causing an increase in the supply of gas and a decrease in equilibrium price.
78) Rent controls have the effect of keeping prices under control and maintaining an adequate supply of affordable housing for lower income people.
79) Federal subsidies to farmers can have the effect of creating a surplus in the market for certain crops.
80) Consider the market for air travel. A simultaneous increase in the price of fuel and another terrorist attack on United States soil would cause the equilibrium quantity of air travel to go down, but have an uncertain effect on equilibrium price.
81) A simultaneous improvement in the technology used to produce computers and increase in the number of buyers in the computer market would cause the equilibrium price of computers to drop but have an uncertain effect on equilibrium quantity.
82) Assume a national brewing company loses market share to a lower-priced competitor. Assume also that the company's workers go on strike and are able to negotiate a hefty wage increase. As such, we can conclude, with certainty, that the combination of these two changes would cause the equilibrium price and quantity of the company's product to decrease.
83) Because unemployment is a macroeconomic topic, an increase in unemployment would not be expected to have any impact on the equilibrium price or quantity in the market for an individual good.
84) An increase in the availability of health insurance could be expected to cause the average price of health care to increase.
85) Assume the demand and supply functions for good X can be written as
Qd = 1000 - 40Px
Qs = -200 + 20Px
In this example, equilibrium price is $20 and the equilibrium quantity is 200
In a small town, there are two discount storesABCandXYZ. They are the only stores thathandle Sunday goods. The total number of customers is equally divided between the tw...Aug 10 2020
Anewadvertisingcampaignbyacompanythatmanufacturesproductsthatrely on biometrics, surveillance, and satellite technologies resulted in the cash flows shown (in $1000 units...Aug 13 2020
The fair value of a bond with a par value of 1000 BD and a Coupon payment of 100 BD and a maturity period of 20 years and the interest is paid twice a year, the market in...Apr 26 2021
In the United Kingdom, the currency drain ratio is 0.38 of deposits and the reserve ratio is 0.002. In Australia, the quantity of money is $150 billion, the currency drai...May 03 2020
How does Amazon.com illustrate the sources of service sector growth? Comment on information technology, internet as an enabler, innovation and changing demographics.Aug 04 2020
According to a survey,65% of murders committed last year were cleared by arrest or exceptional means. Fifty murders committed last year are randomly? selected, and the nu...May 02 2020
What is an “other financing source or use”? Give some examples.Sep 22 2020
Describe several workplace discrimination issues. What laws govern these issues? Discuss five competitive advantages of diversity management. Why would these be important...May 02 2020
A 2-µC point charge is located at A(4, 3, 5) in free space. Find Eρ, Eφ, and Ez at P(8, 12, 2).2. A crude device for measuring charge consists of two small insulating sph...Jun 14 2020
The diagram shows a conical section fabricated from pure aluminum. It is of circular cross section having diameter D = ax1/2, where a = 0.5 m1/2. The small end is located...Jun 28 2020