51) Lanugo hair is replaced in a fetus by
A) nominal hair.
B) no hair.
C) vellus hair.
D) dermal hair.
52) Since apocrine glands are almost inactive until puberty, they may function primarily in
A) cooling the body.
B) sexual signalling, under the influence of androgens.
C) keeping hair from falling out.
D) strengthening melanin in the skin.
53) Soft keratin is present in the
B) hair cuticles.
D) body of the nails.
54) The white half-moon visible under the proximal part of a fingernail is the
55) Cleavage lines
A) are scars resulting from overstretching of the dermis.
B) attach the dermis to underlying bone and muscle.
C) form the pattern of epidermal ridges known as fingerprints.
D) run parallel to the orientation of collage bundles in the reticular layer.
56) Tattoos are permanent because
A) Langerhans cells do not recognize the pigments as foreign.
B) the melanocytes are altered to produce different colors.
C) the pigments are injected in the dermis.
D) the pigments are injected in the stratum basale, which continuously replaces the superficial layers that are sloughed off.
57) In the ABCD rule of skin cancer, the letter B stands for
D) baked skin.
58) Which connective tissue layer is discussed in the chapter on the integumentary system but is truly not a part of it?
A) dermal papilla
59) Which of the following is a sensory receptor?
C) dendritic cell
D) Pacinian corpuscle
60) Which of the following is not a current hypothesis proposed for the evolution of skin color?
A) preventing damage to DNA
B) preventing damage to elastin
C) protecting the level of folic acid
D) protecting the level of vitamin D
Joe, a resident of New Jersey, wants to open a restaurant. He asks Kay, his friend, an experienced attorney and a New Yorker, for her business and legal advice in exchang...Jul 07 2021
Consider a Cournot duopoly model where the market price is given by the inverse demand function: p= 30 - 3.91 - 92. And suppose each firm produces at a cost of 25 per uni...Apr 12 2021
Which of the following is the primary problem associated with workers' compensation?A) Lengthy claim settlementB) Employer and employee fraudC) Lack of legal recourse...Mar 13 2020
Write a report on Acquire Physical Resources The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in wri...Aug 09 2020
suppose smith pays $100 to jonesA. We can say with certainty that the GDP has increased by $100. B. We can say with certainty that the GDP has increased, but we cannot d...Jun 07 2021
Cameron Sinclair, Information Services Manager with Global Financial Service (GFS), is studying employee use of GFS email for non-business communications. A random sample...Apr 23 2020
Nickel metal has a density of 8.90 g cm-3. How much does 15 cm3 of nickel weigh in grams?Jul 22 2021
What is the complete electron configuration ofMay 24 2021
Maslow placed ________ at the base of his hierarchy of needs.A)cognitive needsB)social needsC)bodily needsD)spiritual needsMay 05 2021
6. Evaluate the following integral using an integral table. Note: your final answer should be a numerical value less than 1. Please write out the integrals used from the ...Apr 28 2021