41) The expression "breaking water" during birthing refers to the
D) yolk sac.
42) Which characteristic is not true of a blastocyst?
A) It contains a fluid-filled cavity.
B) It develops 24-36 hours after conception.
C) It has an inner cell mass and an outer trophoblast.
D) It implants into the uterus.
43) The solid mass of cells that results from cleavage of the zygote is the
44) Which of the following does not distinguish mesoderm from either endoderm or ectoderm?
A) It is a mesenchyme tissue.
B) It is derived from the epiblast.
C) It is the last of the three germ layers to develop.
D) Its cells can migrate widely within the embryo.
45) The term bilaminar disc refers to the embryonic ________ and ________.
A) epidermis; dermis
B) ectoderm; mesoderm
C) epiblast; hypoblast
D) inner cell mass; trophoblast
46) Mesenchyme would refer to ________ but not ________.
A) mesoderm; ectoderm
B) ectoderm; mesoderm
C) endoderm; ectoderm
D) ectoderm; endoderm
47) Male and female fetuses can first be distinguished by their genitalia at
A) 1 week.
B) 3 weeks.
C) 3 months.
D) 7 months.
48) Thalidomide, once used to alleviate morning sickness in pregnant women, resulted in
A) severe limb abnormalities.
B) heart defects.
C) mental retardation.
D) multiple births.
49) Chemical, physical, or biological agents that can induce birth defects are called
C) free radicals.
50) The most common cause of mental retardation in the United States is
B) spina bifida.
C) fetal alcohol syndrome.
Based on the 1990 census, the number of hours per day adults spend watching television is approximately normally distributed with a mean of 5 hours and a standard devia...May 10 2020
Given that where g (u) = v define a function rule for g-1The table contains some input -output pairs for the functions f and g.Evaluate the followign expressions.Jun 12 2021
s x da Vx+3May 16 2021
Suppose that the inflation rate rises. If the Federal Reserve wants to reduce investment to slow the rateof growth in the economy, it is not enough to raise the nominal i...Apr 26 2018
a. You expect an RFR of 10 percent and the market return (RM) of 14 percent. Compute the expected return for the following stocks, and plot them on an SML graph. StockBet...Aug 22 2020
For a career you are considering, describe how you would interact with various IS personnel to acquire computer applications or a new information system that would be the...Jul 15 2020
Two coils are wound on a steroidal core as shown in Fig. P1.4. The core is made of silicon sheet steel and has a square cross section. The coil currents are i1 = 0.28 A a...Jul 16 2020
As primates evolved, their diet changed from (A) Insects to mammals (B) Plants to mammals (C) Insects to plants (D) Plants to vertebratesMar 19 2018
5.30 ABC Drinks purchases its 355 ml cans in large bulk from Wald-China Can Corporation. The fin-ish on the anodized aluminum surface is produced by mechanical finishing ...Apr 20 2020
In order to accurately assess the capital structure of a firm, it is necessary to convert its balance sheet figures to a market value basis. KJM Corporation's balance she...Jun 03 2021