1. A labor economist wants to know the relationship between education (measured by years of schooling) and annual earnings (measured in $1000). A random sample of 222 workers revealed a correction coefficient of 0.88. Based on the coefficient,
a. The slope of the scatter diagram (of education and earnings) equals to 0.88.
b. Earnings would increase by $880 for every year increase in education.
c. The more education, the higher annual earnings, and the relationship is close.
d. All of the above.
2. Among the measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode, quartiles), the most sensitive measure to extreme value(s) is
3. The PearsonAc€?cs coefficient measures
a. the central tendency of a distribution.
b. the variability of a distribution.
c. the skewness of a distribution.
d. none of the above.
4. What is a disadvantage of the range as a measure of dispersion?
a. Based on only two observations
b. Can be distorted by a large mean
c. Not in the same units as the original data
d. Has no disadvantage
5. According to Chebyshev's Theorem, at least what percent of the observations lie within plus and minus 1.75 standard deviations of the mean?
d. Cannot compute because it depends on the shape of the distribution
6. A sample of the monthly amounts spent for food by families of four receiving food stamps approximates a symmetrical distribution. The sample mean is $150 and the standard deviation is $20. Using the Empirical Rule, about 95 percent of the monthly food expenditures are between what two amounts?
a. $100 and $200
b. $85 and $105
c. $205 and $220
d. $110 and $190
According to “Expectancy Theory”, the probability of an individual acting in a particular way depends on I. The personality of the individual and the likelihood t...Nov 30 2017
United Borova Laboratories Inc. has a national competitive advantage in the pharmaceutical industry. This means that the country: A. is a world leader in the pharmaceutic...Aug 01 2020
Ada ms, Bentley, and Carson have capital bala nces of $30,000, $25,000, and $20,000, re spectively. Adams devotes three-fou rths ti me; Bentley, half ti me; and Carson, ...Jul 08 2020
Choose the correct word for the following sentences using one of these verbs.At the beginning of the meal, all those present(a) layed,(b) laidtheir smartphones on the tab...Jun 28 2021
What do you think are the main strengths of ups's career development >May 12 2020
Youre prepared to make monthly payments of beginning at the end of this month into an account that pays interest compounded monthlyHow many payments will you have made ...Feb 15 2020
Project success – who decides?Critically examine this statement. Your essay should consider the influence of projectconstraints, leadership, stakeholders, and strategic m...Jul 28 2020
For the Airbus A380, the largest passenger aircraft ever built, you are given the following parameters: Mass = 500,000 kg, Wing Area = 845 m2, Wingspan = 79.75 m Number o...Jun 03 2020
A firm is considering replacing its computer system with a new one. The new system is expected to have an annual operational cost savings of $49,175. The initial cost of ...Aug 15 2020
Place the letter for the appropriate value chain element on the line in front of each item. Letters may be used more than once or not at all.A.Research and developmentD....Dec 07 2019